Sunday, March 20, 2011

Raising The Bar - Stepping up from the Bush Leagues.

I had been married for 18 years when my wife Ellen was killed in a car accident. That was February, 2002. Our two boys were 15 and 17 at the time. Ellen was out of town on business when a tractor trailer crossed the highway median and struck her car head-on. I was devastated even though my marriage had been on the rocks for years. We didn’t fight, Ellen and I had just drifted apart. I never measured up to her expectations. We had been talking openly about divorcing when our youngest son left for college.

Between Ellen's life insurance and the lawsuit against the trucking company of the negligent driver I was the beneficiary of over 4 million dollars. In addition, each of my boys got their own trust funds that would provide for college and well beyond.

I continued to live a modest life and other than a new pickup truck for me and a couple of nice used cars for the boys I invested the money and kept on working. For the next five years my priority was getting my boys raised.
Read more »

No comments:

Post a Comment